Thursday, March 8, 2012

Update :)

 There is SO much to tell!

Emmaus
  I found out about a christian campus ministry in Korea.
 I have been attending their gatherings and have been having lots of fun!
 I am meeting some amazing people who are hungry for the Lord as well as strong followers. 
 The first large group was on Tuesday and  Pastor Erin's testimony was powerful.
 Pastor Erin and her husband (also a pastor) are part of a church called New Philadelphia. 
I visited their church on Sunday.
 It had amazing worship and friendly greeters.
 I plan on returning as well as checking out other churches. 

 Activities
 Recently, I organized a group of exchange students to go rock climbing.
We had so much fun!
The gym consisted of only bouldering routes and I loved it!
It seems our group wants to go regularly so I can't wait to get to know them better.
We went out to dinner after and got coffee. 


Left to right: Chris, Nari, Lawrence, Ben
Hop, Dana, and me :)
 Dana and I have been spending a lot of time together and becoming close friends :)  

 Classes
 School started about a week ago, last Friday, and I didn't have class until Monday.
 The first class I went to was unfortunately only in Korean.
 Somewhere in the registration process I misread the class. 
 I am now enrolled in only two courses.
 KLI-  This is Beginning Korean M-F for 2 hours.
 We are working on the alphabet (Hangul). 
I am gradually picking up how to read the letters.
 I can't wait to be able to walk around speaking Korean. :) 
Sociology- Migration - This meets Monday for 2 hours and Wednesday for one. 
 I am super excited about my Sociology course.
 The course consists of a Midterm and a project.
 In the project, we have to do 20 volunteer hours.
 I am beyond blessed with an opportunity to experience serving in KOREA.
  There are several options, but the one I think I will be doing is  a mini refugee camp.
Many of you know that refugees recently have become a part of my life in the US.
   I think that through Camp Allelu the past two years it has open my eyes to refugees. 
 Another major part of this desire was my two  previous roommates Amy and Crystal.
 Their dedication to Newcomers PTA really got me interested.
 Thank you roomies! :)

Opportunities
Korea is challenging me to get uncomfortable. 
 The opportunities are growing in numbers.
 I feel God is stirring up some amazing things for this semester.
 I am looking forward to it unraveling before my eyes. 


Prayer Requests:
 God leads me to the right church.
 My roommate, Monique from the Netherlands
 God uses me to further his Kingdom.
  That I continue seeking the Lord and setting aside quiet time.



No comments:

Post a Comment