Wednesday, March 28, 2012

the challenge has arrived

Background: 
  I feel that God has been preparing me for something big to happen while I am here in Korea.
  Each day I've been praying to be challenged by God.
 Challenge to be completely faithful, trust him and grow more intimately.
 I did not predict being challenged like I did today.

  This evening a friend, from Emmaus, and I went rock climbing in Edae.
 We stayed there for about an hour and then decided to call it quits.
 On the way back toward school, I decided that I wanted to get some street food.
 We walked by basically all the vendors and then I decided I wanted to get something particular.
 It was a short walk up the road, but totally worth it.

  I was asking my friend how to get something without the rice cakes.
And a guy fairly close by started chatting with us. 
I started to zone out because I was trying to communicate that I wanted the food to go.
 I came back into the conversation to a very surprising topic.
 The guy talking to us was adopted from Korea ,like me.
He  actually flew to the US with President Reagan. 
 And during a reunion with Mrs. Reagan, his real aunt realized who he was. 
 He is in Korea discovering his birth family.
Connections were made and he told me about an organization that helps adoptees.
We traded numbers and I hope to go the organization and get information on a f-4 visa.

 The Challenge is here and God made it known.
Do I want to be reunited with my birth family?
Before today, I would of told you flat out , No.
 I previously had decided that  reuniting was too emotional and I couldn't handle it.
 But, now I am reconsidering. 
Is God telling me I am strong enough to face the fear?
 I want to become fearless.
 I suppose that might mean facing the fears that I have been avoiding. 

God orchestrated tonight to end in that way. 
 I am blown away.
 He is so Good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment