Tuesday, March 27, 2012

a shift in season

The weather here in Seoul is finally starting to warm up.
  I am looking forward to being able to walk around without a heavy coat.
 The changing of seasons means blooming plants and hopefully color.
 I, however, have been under the weather slightly. 
A cough, congestion and allergies. 
Spring is what some people call it. 

 Anywho..
 I am continuing to be challenged by God each day. 
I was placed in a familia (bible study).
  I love the girls in my group.
I am so excited to grow spiritually.
 I want to become fearless, grow in prayer, fully trust and hand over control to God.
I am ready for God to use me and build me up for what is to come.

 Last week, I went to a cat cafe.
 The cats were all over the place.
 They really only come up to you or play with you when you have food though. 
   You get a free drink with your entry fee. 
 I want to go to a dog cafe though because I tend to like dogs more than cats. 

 Also last week I met up with a student at Yonsei who studied abroad at UNCG.
 We had dinner and are going to have lunch this week.
It is interesting to learn things from a Korean student's perspective. 
She misses the US alot.

I really haven't gotten homesick yet.
 I mean there are some things I miss, but overall I am just really enjoying the time here.
I am so thankful God gave me this opportunity and I don't want to take it for granted.

 Last weekend a group of us went Karoking.
 Its a popular activity here in Korea.
 Many people even go daily by themselves so they can improve.
 It was fun! Dana and I are already planning songs for next time we go.


 Sunday following church, I met up with a girl in my familia and we went to an Indian restaurant.
 The food was LEGIT.
We ordered Chicken Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken.
 I can't wait to go back.
 I miss Jocelyn's curry though.



My Sociology class will no longer have Wednesday's classes because we are starting our volunteer hours. 
 I am so excited to see what happens and what God puts in my path.
Monday we watched God grew sick of us. 
 The movie or documentary is about the Lost Boys of Sudan. 
I highly recommend anyone to watch it.

 This coming weekend is the Emmaus Retreat.
 I am excited!


Prayer Concerns
-- Health
-- That I become fearless
-- That I grow in wisdom
-- That God uses me to further his kingdom
-- That I am challenged daily



No comments:

Post a Comment