Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Annyeong haseyo

  Let's talk about shopping..
 Korea has very high standards for the way you look and the way you dress.
 It is interesting to look in the shops or even walk down the street.
 Glasses are often worn for style purposes not always because the individual needs them to see.
  The accessories are amazing.
Big hair clips are in style and are an adorable touch to any outfit.
  Chunky sweaters are warm and extremely in style.
 Casual wear is not the same in the Korea, but I am loving the outfits.
 The other day, I went to a market and managed to haggle the price down.
 I was able to save 22,000 Won.
  It was an amazing feeling of accomplishment.

 Shoes
 They have my size in every store and I do not have to go to the children's section.
Typically, I wear size 235.
 If you have bigger feet and want to get shoes in Korea just know that they only go up to 250.
 I am so stoked to have my size in all the stores.

Makeup
 I got an eye makeover the other day.
 I loved how the lady did my eyes and bought the stuff that she used for extremely cheap.
 There are almost as many makeup or skin care places as coffee shops.
 The high standards are very visible.

 The other night I met a campus ministry called Emmaus.
 We went out to dinner and it was interesting getting to know fellow believers from all over the place.
 Today, we are getting together again and I can't wait to meet more people.

Classes start tomorrow!!
  I am excited and nervous about how much I will be trekking around campus in between classes.
I am excited though.

 That is all for now!!
 :)


1 comment:

  1. I hope your first day of classes goes well!! Love you and I am enjoying reading about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete