Sunday, June 10, 2012

Traveling the land


I got the opportunity to go on a long weekend trip with a small group of students to Seoraksan Mountain.
I wasn't completely prepared for the weather with my clothing, but I really enjoyed getting out of the big city and reunited with nature. We went on a 10 hour hike to the top of the mountain. Although at times, it was tough and painful  I am so glad I went. I bonded with some students that I didn't know well. Master Kim  taught us many good techniques for hiking and some interesting life advice. We visited a temple at a northern beach and it was interesting seeing all the people celebrating Buddah's Birthday.


Then, the following weekend I went to Jeju. 
A popular island to travel to in the summer. 
I had a great time with the girls and once again got to reunite with nature. 



Dana and I :)
The girls! 

We did lots and lots of sight seeing along with laughing.
We went to a cave, beaches, Udo Island, hiking and several waterfalls.
It was such a great time!!

I was blessed with the chance to discover more of Korea prior to leaving.



No comments:

Post a Comment